Friday, March 9, 2012

Thoughts about being a leader

I have been thinking for a while now and I always tend to find myself thinking about my role as a leader. I pride myself in the love I have for children and education. I came into teaching because I had a wonderful teacher who saw me as a future exemplar!

I believe I made her proud and if she is out there, she's knows if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where am I today. My role seems to expand each and every day and I am aware that it's the role of a leader. New responsibilities come your way and you MUST adapt. It is crucial that you adapt to change and create new visions as you grow with your new role.

Obviously there will always be long days, tough days and struggling days. I look at these days as the learning experiences I would not receive anywhere else. But WOW, does it may it difficult to stay positive those days! But I do! :)

One thing I always do is go online (I do very frequently) to see what new articles and/or news is out there. It keeps me grounded to use tech to keep my sanity (I'm sure there are many of you out there!) I use my PLN's to stay in touch and social media to keep my ideas and thoughts fresh.

As I come to a close, I want to share one thought. If you want to be successful, it won't come easy. You must accept that with struggle comes rewards. Always pick yourself up every time you are knocked down. If you continually tell yourself you will become __________, then you will!

Remind yourself everyday!

Always be kind!

Think before you speak!

And lastly, love yourself and what you do!

Stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment